The Litigation Risk Management Institute is in the business of helping counsel understand and manage litigation and business risk using proven decision tree analysis and game theory.
We assist our clients to determine settlement valuations, develop settlement negotiation strategies and clearly communicate these issues to senior management.
Our hands-on approach utilizes litigation decision tree analysis to determine litigation risk and settlement valuations, explicitly including the uncertainty inherent in all lawsuits, as well as the risks and upsides of any related business impacts. We can also assist you to negotiate the best possible litigation settlement using advanced game theory in our Negotiation Strategies services.
We can help you to:
For 30 years we have successfully assisted Fortune 500 companies and leading
edge businesses dealing with national class action settlements, antitrust,
intellectual property, toxic tort, product liability, securities law, insurance
and breach of contract litigation, as well as large volumes of routine litigation.
- Control litigation costs.
- Implement systems to assure optimum cost and settlement policies for large volumes of routine litigation.
- Manage litigation and settlement for large, complex cases.
- Negotiate the best possible settlements.
- Decide whether or not to participate in ADR proceedings.
- Develop alternative fee arrangements that make sense for both attorneys and clients.
It’s difficult enough for most lawyers to describe risk of the many single uncertain issues in a case in quantitative terms. It is far more difficult to integrate these individual uncertainties to come to a rigorous, explicit conclusion as to the settlement value of a case. We can show you how to integrate these judgments and present them so that your listeners hear what they need to hear, not what they want to hear.
Risk management is a two-step process:
- First, you must understand and quantify the risk to determine how much you
should pay to be rid of it.
- Second, you need a strategy to negotiate the best possible settlement.
The Litigation Risk Management Institute can help you to be more effective at both steps. Our hands-on approach using decision analysis and litigation decision trees makes Litigation Risk Management & Settlement Valuation accessible to business managers and lawyers alike. We can also assist you to negotiate the best possible settlements using our game theory based Negotiation Strategies process.
To learn more about our approach to your problems, please continue to: